Get ready to start double clicking and follow these Aussie wedding professionals on Instagram
Of course you need to follow us on Instagram. With a mix of inspiration, style and the inside scoop of what hot in the wedding and event industry.
Full of flower crowns and beautiful blooms
Unique and dramatic creations.
Wedding and event styling and planning services.
Fun wedding and event planners, stylists and floral enthusiasts
From wedding and event styling to floral design.
Stunning wedding and event styling
Getting married is a pricey affair but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of ways you can slash the cost of everything from your bridal gown through to the bonbonnieres.
Financial comparison site, Mozo.com.au, asked hundreds of brides-to-be to share their top cost cutting tips for their big day.
From the thrifty bargain hunting tactics through to the cheeky cost cutting methods, here are 20 money savings tips from 20 brides-to-be:
- “Design your own Save the Date card and Invitations and get them printed from Vistaprint”: Marie
- “Only invite those who you know you won’t be sorry you invited in 20 years time!”: Kathryn
- “Do a pre-wedding shoot. Without guests around, it takes less time (and costs less). On the day itself, get a relative to snap important moments”: Kate
- “We’ve asked friends to take turns taking happy snaps of our wedding and upload the photos onto our instagram account! Saves on a photographer!”: Candice
- “Save on an expensive wedding dress by recycling and buying a retro vintage dress instead”: Seyon
- “Buy your dress from eBay USA – beautiful brand new designer dresses for under $500!”: Faria
- “Every bride needs something borrowed, why not be specific and borrow your wedding shoes? Today glitsy heels are very accessible”: Sian
- “Plan a sunset ceremony on a weekday eg. Friday as this provides a cheaper venue cost”: Liz
- “We are doing a morning wedding and ceremony for close family and friends only, and making a lot of our own decorations”: Jess
- “Instead of gifts, ask family and friends to bring a plate and have a picnic in the park after the wedding”: Sarah
- “Cooking your own meals with your partner will ensure you not only have fantastic food but also at $10 a meal who can go wrong?”: Karley
- “Our friend home brews so is brewing the whole bar for our wedding saving us hundreds of dollars!”: Hannah
- “Ask for a ‘celebration cake’ rather than a ‘wedding cake’ and try chain bakers like The Cheesecake Shop or Michel’s Patisserie”: Julia
- “I am cutting out the middle man and am befriending a flower farmer, creating my own bouquet and supporting a local grower”: Candice
- “IKEA sells amazing artificial flowers. One shopping trip and a couple of YouTube clips has saved me $600+ dollars. My beautiful bouquets are perfect!”: Toni
- “For the wildflower look, keep an eye out for flowers that grow along the sideways of the freeway/highway! Also, baby’s breath is cheap too!” : Peta
- “Make decorations from stuff you can get from op shops. For example I am going to put pebbles and a candle into a jar for the table decorations”: Jacinda
- “I have spent 3 months folding paper flowers to create a beautiful bridal table backdrop for my reception. Resources have only cost me $6”: Danielle
- “We spent $40 on a custom-made cookie cutter for gifts for the guests – much better than a corkscrew each or something”: Hannah
- “Use a free app to personalise and print individual wedding favour gifts for all of your guests!”: Alisa
For more thrifty tips for your big day, head on over to Mozo’s wedding hub.
I am loving Blush and Gold for wedding colours.
Comment below your favorite wedding colours.
#blush #gold #weddingcolours #wedding #weddinginspo
This week I was inspired by the gorgeous gowns from Anna Campbell in particular this stunning “Trish” Gown from the Gossamer collection.
The Gossamer collection is inspired by French romance and features a classical elegance. Combined with some Just as Planned style and some beautiful accessories we are sure you will love this French inspired look.
You can view more of the Anna Campbell bridal range here
Anna Campbell Trish Gown from the Gossamer Collection
Anna Campbell Trish Bridal Gown from the Gossamer Collection
Lancome Tressor in love perfume from David Jones
Flowers by Jodie McGregor
Badgley Mischka Shoes “Scarlett”
Tiffany and Co Fleur Earrings
Images from the website of each vendor.
Kylie and Mark
Engagement party: 15th August 2015 at Thaxted Park Golf Club
After meeting through mutual friends sparks flew from day one. Kylie told Just as Planned “I have found the man I would spend the rest of my life with”.
Mark proposed on their anniversary after a romantic dinner at the same restaurant they shared their first day then followed by a stroll down the same beach.
Unfortunately Kylie was feeling unwell and the night was cut short however, determined to propose on their anniversary Mark pulled the engagement ring out of his pyjama pocket at home and popped the question with Kylie rugged up on the lounge. Kylie told Just as Planned “I can’t remember what he said exactly, apparently I was dead quiet for a few minutes in shock. Got me by surprise that’s for sure!”
Kylie styled the engagement party herself with ideas from Pinterest
All the details:
Photography: Mapleberry Photography Venue: Thaxted Park Golf Club Cake: Wild Rush Cakes Flowers: Centennial Florist & Flowers Everywhere
DJ: Ryan (Ritzy) O’Daly Hair: The Salon Make up: Regan Baily Freelance Makeup Artist Game Hire: SA Leisure Party Hire
We love all special occasions at Just as Planned and if you are planning a birthday take a look at some of these delicious, mouth watering cakes and cupcakes we have found to help get you inspired. Best of all all of this cakes are made by Australian cake designers.
Pink princess castle birthday cake by Cake Sisters
Sesame St by Cakes 2 Cupcakes
Anzac cupcake from The Cupcake Co
Butterfly cake by Sweet Confessions
Transformer cake by Planet Cake
Pirate cake by Ruby’s Cakes
Images from the website of the cake makers.
At Just as Planned we love a unique and beautiful wedding and the wedding nuptials of Vanessa Williams and Jim Skrip on the 4th of July is no exception. What I personally love is Vanessa and Jim chose an Australian company to design and create their wedding invitations.
The Egyptian-themed wedding was held in Buffalo USA. The wedding ceremony was held at St. Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church and the reception at The grand Statler City. Complete with belly dancers and drummers, this wedding was filled with music and love.
Giant Invitations were personally contracted by Vanessa to design her Egyptian-themed invitations for her wedding that took place in Buffalo on the 4th of July. Vanessa was so pleased with the outcome of her invitations that she has given Giant Invitations access to her exclusive wedding photos.
I am extremely excited for Just as Planned to showcase these fabulous invitations.
The team at Giant Invitations first needed to understand the tone in which Vanessa wanted to set for her wedding day. By gaining an insight for this they were able to capture the formality and ambiance needed in order for them to begin our creative processes.
Giant Invitations asked Vanessa to create a Pinterest board where she can pin all her wedding inspirations. The pins consisted of her desired styling, wedding theme, décor, etc. All these elements were essential in contributing to the designing and outcome of her wedding invitations.
After initial communication between Giant, Vanessa Williams and Jim Skrip, we finally locked down the colour scheme. Implementing some burgundy with a gold contrast to match their Egyptian floral theme; our designs were set to match their nuptial celebration. Giant came to learn that their romantic Egyptian floral theme was actually a representation of their international love affair where the couple met in Egypt three years prior to their wedding. With this in mind, we were adamant that this needed to be a very special design.
You can read more of the design process here from Giant Invitations.
See the wedding video of Vanessa and Jim from Shutter Dream Studio Cinema here
With only a few weeks left of winter I am so ready for the warmer months to come our way and I am looking forward to adding in some colour into the wardrobe. I was inspired by the fabulous gowns from Weddington Way, to style a perfect summer date outfit.
To start I could not go past this beautiful emerald green halter full length dress in lux chiffon featuring a shirred bodice and a set in waistband. We have added some Just as Planned style and accessorized with dazzling gold.
You can check out other fabulous chiffon gowns and bridesmaid dresses from Weddington Way here
Weddington Way After six collection
OPI Pineapples have From David Jones
Jimmy Choo Louise 85 Glitter Shoes From David Jones
Hardy Brothers Yellow Gold Earnings
Gregory Ladner Lucy Glitter Clutch From David Jones
Hardy Brothers Yellow Gold and Emerald Ring
Images from David Jones website and Weddington Way